POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positioning a camera : Positioning a camera Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:23 EDT (-0400)
  Positioning a camera
From: Cesar
Date: 16 Apr 2005 17:40:00
Message: <web.426185608db3e684b2caa48d0@news.povray.org>
Hi! I hope I'm posting in the right place...

I'm rendering a scene and the position of the camera is calculated by a C++
program, and I'm having some trouble.

I used to set location and look-at, but now I need different movements, so I
decided to calculate location, direction, up and right. Then I started
having problems. I allways get the error that says the vectors are not
perpendicular. But I apply the same transform to the up right and direction
vectors, one after the other, how can they not ne perpendicular? Could
there be a precision problem (and the inner product be sligthly different
then zero)?

How could I solve this problem? Maybe I could transform the camera inside
povray, with "translate" and "rotate" but I'll need the up and right
vectors later in the C++ program, so I wanted to have the same values used
in povray.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cesar